Friday, January 16, 2009

Christmas Singing Time

I combined this with Snowmen Bowling. This time the kids have the option of singing the song on the back of the snowman or picking the number on the back. The numbers correspond to numbered sheets on the chalkboard. On the back of each sheet I've rewritten the Christmas carols from the hymnbook. (This has been another fun Singing Time in the past.)

Not sure how to link to my document so you'll have to retype them yourself. Here's what I came up with:

201 - Joint Tooth a Whirled - Joy to the World
202 - Oak Hum Haul Leaf Eighth Full - Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful
203 - Aim Jail Sweet Half Her Dawn Eye - Angels We Have Heard on High
204 - Sigh Lent Knight - Silent Night
204 - One Sinner Oiled Hay Fit Sit Tea - Once in Royal David's City
206 - A Weigh Yin Hum Age Her - Away in a Manger
207 - Hit Cane a Pawn Thumb Hid Mike Leer - It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
208 - Ho Lit Tall Down Dove Bed Luck Hem - Oh Little Town of Bethlehem
209 - Heart Duh Hair Old Day Gels Seen - Hark! The Harold Angels Sing
210 - Whisk One Drink Caw - With Wondering Awe
211 - Wild Shape Heard Swatch Sheriff Locks - While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
213 - The Fir Snow Well - The First Noel
214 - Eye Herd Thud Elf Song Crisp Messed Hay - I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

(Yes, I'm pretty proud of that last one!)
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Have you done this for any of the children's hymn book christmas songs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those song titles are creative! I might use this idea next month. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this. My daughter in law, who is a Primary Chorister, sent me the link to this when I asked her for something fun for our Relief Society Christmas Soiree. I got 3 great ideas from your cute blog. Thanks so much. I love creative people! You make life so much easier for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete