Click HERE for a full, detailed description on how this works. I'm just going to give a brief summary below...
1) Write out the words to the song in 4 or 5 different colors on a dry-erase board.
(I did this last year to review How Firm a Foundation)
2) Have this prepared before hand: The clear cups contain a mixture of water and vinegar. The teaspoons have a drop of food coloring under a scoop of baking soda.
3) Invite a child to pick a spoon, and stir it in a cup of water. It will start to fiz as they stir. When the fiz goes down, it will reveal a color.
4) Then, have a child (or several children) come up and erase that color of words. Then, sing through the song. You could also sing through the song WHILE the kids are erasing the words, to maximize singing time, and minimize waiting time.
5) Repeat this process until all the words have been erased.
*** If you have separate Jr. and Sr. music times, you'll have to be quick about changing the water/vinegar out and setting up the spoons, and rewriting all the words.
Last time, I forgot to add the vinegar to the water for Sr. sharing, and there was no fiz!
Don't forget the VINEGAR! :)